South Of Broad Real Estate Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market||59|
Property Types (active listings)
South of Broad Listings
Charming and Luxurious, South of Broad
South of Broad is a comfortable, walkable residential neighborhood that is not only close to fabulous shops and eateries but also boasts historically significant attractions. Homeowners here enjoy the famous views of the Cooper River from The Battery and White Point Gardens, while visitors experience American History through walking and carriage tours. Heritage homes in this area include the Edmonston-Alston House, the Heyward-Washington House, and the Nathaniel Russell House. Other sites popular with visitors are the American Military Museum, the Old Exchange Building, and St. Michael's Episcopal Church, more on these sites later on.
South of Broad Real Estate
Homes for sale in the South of Broad boast some of the most extravagant histories with some properties dating back as far as the 1700s. Choose from a selection of stately homes designed with every detail meticulously considered. Explore house styles ranging from colonial homes, Tuscan portico, federal-style, neoclassical, Georgian, and many others.
Step inside and be greeted by soaring ceilings, grand living rooms with ample seating for family and guests. Each house offers a unique layout with spacious bedrooms, generously-sized closets, and spa-inspired bathrooms. Large windows allow natural light to fill the rooms while showcasing the picturesque views. Custom luxury features are carefully integrated to bring modern conveniences into historic homes while maintaining their charm.
Relax on the sprawling balconies, verandas, or rooftop decks while you take in the ocean breeze and water views. Spend summer afternoons entertaining at your private pool, or evenings hosting dinner parties. South of Broad real estate is ideal for the discerning buyer with a taste for luxury and an appreciation for proximity to notable amenities.
Notable Amenities in South Of Broad
South of Broad is located near so many of the attractions and amenities that have put Charleston on the map. From the historic sites like The Battery, Rainbow Row, and world-class restaurants, life in South of Broad offers residents a truly special opportunity to experience a rich and luxurious lifestyle that attracts so many.
History enthusiasts will enjoy exploring the rich and colorful history of Charleston, here's what to expect at some of the most well-known sites.
- The Battery: a landmark defensive seawall & promenade, lined by stately antebellum homes & historical monuments.
- Gallery Row: Mary Martin Fine Art Gallery, Edward Dare Gallery, Ella Walton Richardson Fine Art Gallery
- White Point Gardens: historic statues and artillery from the Civil War
- Rainbow Row: a series of thirteen colorful historic houses in Charleston. It represents the longest cluster of Georgian row houses in the United States. A scene Charleston is well-known for!
- First Baptist Church: the oldest Baptist Church in the South dating back to 1682.
- The Four Corners of Law at the Intersection of Broad and Meeting Street: Federal Courthouse and U.S. Post Office, Charleston County Courthouse, Charleston City Hall, and Saint Michael’s Episcopal Church.
Beyond historic and scenic sites world-class restaurants offer plenty of options for every palate and every occasion. Local favorites like the Oak Steakhouse, Brown Dog Deli, and Gaulart & Maliclet French Cafe, are just a few of the must-try restaurants in South of Broad.
Browse Lowcountry Communities
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.